Sports Premium funding development plan
PE vision 2017 – 2018
We want all of our children to be skilled, motivated and active for life.
Mytchett Primary and Nursery School’s physical education culture promotes a long term healthy lifestyle that is enjoyable and fulfilling. Our children are inspired to engage in physical activity, raise their attainment, extend their potential and develop a lifelong active lifestyle.
By placing PE and sport at the heart of a broad and balanced curriculum we aim to raise attendance and narrow the achievement gap. Our PE and sport aspires to build self-esteem, teamwork and leadership skills enabling each child to be the best they can be by:
- Improving health and well-being for all children
- Providing high quality opportunities and outcomes
- Encouraging community involvement
- Promoting lifelong learning, active participation and competition
- Raising achievement and supporting excellence
The PE Curriculum at Mytchett encompasses a wide range of traditional and more modern sports and leisure pursuits. Progression within each sport is mapped throughout the school. Each set of lessons are skills based and build up to either a competition or a display of the skills gained e.g. dance, gymnastics. They should always involve rigorous exercise and contribute to a healthy lifestyle.
Using the Youth Sport Trust document ‘Becoming Outstanding’ and utilising the support of Active Surrey, the school remains focused on developing specific areas which include:
- Increasing teacher confidence in specialist PE provision through planning support and (where needed) bespoke CPD
- To develop pupils’ roles as leaders within sport through Sports Captains, Leadership programmes and play leaders
- To ensure that the PE Curriculum evolves with the staff skills and expertise; is varied and delivered to a high standard, focusing on skills and rigorous activity
- Encouraging inactive children to engage in an active lifestyle through encouragement, a varied curriculum and additional targeted provision.
For more information on PE in school please click here.