Mytchett Primary and Nursery School’s physical education culture promotes a long term healthy lifestyle that is enjoyable and fulfilling. Our children are inspired to engage in physical activity, raise their attainment, extend their potential and develop a lifelong active lifestyle.
By placing PE and sport at the heart of a broad and balanced curriculum we aim to raise attendance and narrow the achievement gap. Our PE and sport aspires to build self-esteem, teamwork and leadership skills enabling each child to be the best they can be by:
- Improving health and well-being
- Providing high quality opportunities and outcomes
- Encouraging community involvement
- Promoting lifelong learning, active participation and competition
- Raising achievement and supporting excellence
- Having the emotional and thinking skills to achieve in PE and sport
We are proud that Mytchett has been awarded the Bronze Schools Games Mark and a 2 star activesurrey Star Mark. The Sainsbury’s School Games Mark is a Government led awards scheme launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community while the Star Mark is awarded for improving sporting commitment, engagement and provision.
For information on our sports funding please see our sports premium statement below.