Vision & Aims
Our academy vision statement has been developed in consultation with stakeholders – governors, staff, parents and children. It outlines our values, beliefs and the culture that we are striving to achieve.
To promote a happy, caring, stimulating and inclusive environment in which all members of the school community develop in our pupils a love of learning for life.
- every person within our community, treating them with fairness and respect
- a supportive, well maintained and stimulating environment which promotes achievement, effort and success through shared purpose
- an ethos which recognises and celebrates individual learning styles, skills, ideas and difference through collaborative working
‘Our community’ embraces all those who work and volunteer in school, and includes pupils, teaching, support and administrative staff, parents and carers, governors and community members, both local and more distant.
We promote high achievement and a lifelong love of learning for each individual by encouraging pupils and all those who work and volunteer in school to:
- be motivated to achieve the highest standards in all areas through an appropriate level of challenge
- respect and care for others
- work independently and collaboratively enabling everyone to make a contribution
- maintain enjoyment and an enthusiasm for learning
- be responsible members of the community who take pride in themselves and their school
- be happy and confident individuals who have a sense of their own worth
- foster enquiring minds with an ability to listen and make positive contributions